RoboComp- Serious-games with RoboComp
May 7, 2019
About the Project
In connivance with my mentors, we have decided to change somehow the focus of our project towards more practical oriented use of RoboComp. We will be extending the resources that RoboComp currently has to connect to and deploy components in web browsers. Using new advances in ZeroC’s Ice middleware, we will explore the idea of using the newest front-end technologies to provide an independent visual output for the network of components running the logic of the robot. As an example, we will validate our developments with a serious-game played by the robot and an elder person designed to stimulate both cognitive and physical aspects of the human partner.
- To introduce in RoboComp’s tools the new features provided by ZeroC’s Ice middleware related to web socket communication.
- Create several interfaces of different complexity that will be used form regular and browser-based componentes
- Analyze the performance of web socket based data interchange in a RoboComp ecosystem
- Provide guides and solutions to modify the existing tools so the can include these new technologies.
- Provide a library of patterned graphical codes as front-end visualizers to be included in the RoboComp set of tools.
José Alberto Andújar