GSoC’21 RoboComp project: Sign language recognition
17th July 2021
I have finished to build and test pytorch code for:
- BodyHandDetector model -> ONNX, tensorRT.
- ImageBasedGestureRecognition -> ONNX, tensorRT.
- PoseBasedGestureRecognition -> ONNX, tensorRT.
Besides, the robocomp component for all of them have already coded:
- BodyHandDetector + BodyHandDetectorClient (Tested + still improving)
- ImageBasedGestureRecognition (Testing)
- PoseBasedGestureRecognition (Debugging)
I will soon merge the code of these component into Robocomp lib after GSoC phase 1.
Some problems I find out in Robocomp library:
when import default components and generate code py robocompdsl for cdsl for python. Some library can not be imported, for example: rcportchecker lib => add this line sys.path.append(‘/opt/robocomp/python/’) into /usr/local/bin/robocompdsl.py , line 16
The install process may face bugs, if not install robocomp lib in home/user_name/ folder. Because, the base code of robocomp lib use static links. And if change the clone folder, the install process may fail.
- I have some problem with Qcore thread in my component, and it slow down my inference process in pose detection.
- Need a strategy to do real-time inference for image based and pose based
Works in 2nd phase:
- debug all remain components.
- improve the inference speed.
- code the unsupervised component.